User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > i start mame and it says,"no games found." can anyone help me set this up?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
I start Mame and it says,"No games found." Can anyone help me set this up?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
irrelevant_pelican
_
25. November 2013 @ 20:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I start Mame and it says "No games found. Please check the rompath specified in the mame.ini file."

I dont see a mame.ini file anywhere, I even did a search for it and came up with nothing.

Im surprised by the interface, is there not a version that would have "File, Open game," or something like a normal emulator for SNES or something?

Anyway, can anyone give me a hand? Im lost.
Advertisement
_
__
_
26. November 2013 @ 04:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is how the menu is on mine as you can see from ss it shows available games.you might of put roms in wrong folder or broken roms.

this is the roms directory on mine where you put the games.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
irrelevant_pelican
_
26. November 2013 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for the reply.

Wow, that version looks way better than whatever I have. Let me show you what I see:

--------

No menu or anything.

I first put the folder with the ROMs files (folder called Battletoads) in the Rom folder, but nothing happened. So then I just emptied the Battletoads folder and placed it in the Rom folder, still nothing.

---------

This is strange, what version of Mame do you have? I think I should just get whatever youve got.

Edit: okay I can't post links since I'm new here so I can't show you what I see...
_
27. November 2013 @ 13:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my version is mame32 0.103u2

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
ps355528
_
28. November 2013 @ 08:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what's in that MAME32ui ?? file.. it seems to say config settings.. open it up with a plaintext editor and see what's in there

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
_
29. November 2013 @ 05:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ps355528:
what's in that MAME32ui ?? file.. it seems to say config settings.. open it up with a plaintext editor and see what's in there
your right in the ui is configuration settings obviously.i was not the original poster of this thread and i dont know what files he does or doesn't have.without knowing what version of mame hes trying to run its kinda hard to know.

i do know i tried several versions of mame before finding 1 that was actually simple to use,played a few games on it but havnt used it for ages.

as for battletoads i don't recall it ever being on an arcade machine,nes and snes emulated versions work.I just checked its actually listed in mame32 directory.

Advertisement
_
__

_
ps355528
_
29. November 2013 @ 13:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
trust me eh?.. the emulator expert.. even though I have no interest at all in MAME or running it XD

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > i start mame and it says,"no games found." can anyone help me set this up?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork