User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 17:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > warcraft 3 launch and lan play on windows 7 and 8
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Warcraft 3 launch and lan play on windows 7 and 8
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
3. May 2013 @ 03:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

I start this discussion because I encountered this problm and no discussion on the internet phorums seemed to find the answer.

Problem 1a
I tried to play warcraft 3 frozen throne on windows 8. It didn't launch. In fact, after loading, it showed a blank screen and could close the program only from task manager. Anyway, couldn't find a solution. I managed to play finally by creating a fresh windows account. Surprisingly, the game started without admin privileges or compatibility settings.I don't know why his happens, maybe someone could give the Nswer, i just wanted to share this as i couldn't find on no forum how to play warcraft on windows 7 and 8 when the game doesn't launch. Try to creeate a new account and start the game in it.
Problem 1b
After starting the game, I wantd to play on lan, but couldn't find the shared games. After trying all sort of tricks including firewall setings it still didn't work. Finally, i noticed i had multiple connections active: a wired 100 Mbit, a wireless n, and an openvpn one. After disabling the vpn and wired connection and remaining only on the wireless one, i could see the lan games and could play lan multiplayer warcraft 3 games on windows 8 and 7 (64 bit).
Sorry for the typing mistakes. I wrote this on my phone on the road. I would be interested if someone could find the solution o launch the game feon the regular windows accoult, not only from a fresh account.

Best regards.

Neeeewbiiiieeeeessss!
Including me.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. May 2013 @ 03:40

Callly
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. May 2013 @ 04:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just bought it (link) and everything was ok. Generally this games is really good.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > warcraft 3 launch and lan play on windows 7 and 8

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork