Show topics

Forums
Forums
Region Locked Games
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Greoz
_
11. May 2012 @ 07:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I bought two games from JJGames, Max Payne and Final Fantasy X 10, but they were American discs, since I have an european PS2, I have to use modchip/Swap Magic, right?
The model is also SCPH-77004.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. May 2012 @ 07:49

Advertisement
_
__
Kannz
_
11. May 2012 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I believe one of those should work if you can solder good enough I would get the modchip its much better than swapping discs
Greoz
_
11. May 2012 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am crap at soldering and stuff.
And I don't mind taking my time swapping disks, though I don't know how really.
Kannz
_
11. May 2012 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
since you have a slim ps2 its a little easier all you have to do is block the sensors that tell the ps2 that the cover is open which i think there are around 3 heres a video how to block them. then install freemcboot to your memory card. with freemcboot you can use the swapmagic elf to boot your game backups. when i had a slim i was even able to get an elf you can use to boot ps1 backups aswell. I think i might of used the swapmagic elf for that aswell.
Greoz
_
12. May 2012 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Isn't it just easier to just use SwapMagic and a flip top lid?
Kannz
_
13. May 2012 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for some yes but remember you have to take the top of your ps2 off to get the fliptop lid on. also its pretty easy to do all those things. just one costs a little more than the other. swapmagic and a a set of magic switch things(magic switch is easier to install than the lid and cost a bit less) heres a trustworthy site they sell what you want. heres a link for a swapmagic lid +swapmagic
Greoz
_
13. May 2012 @ 16:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have that little thing that apparently makes it impossible, or hard as heck, to use that slide tool/magic switch thingy.
And I have 8 screws under my PS2, so I do need a flip top lid, yeah?
Kannz
_
14. May 2012 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah the lid made for the slimps2 should work
Greoz
_
18. May 2012 @ 07:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got a 3.8 SM disc, and the tools worked, but nothing comes up on my TV screen, only a black screen.
EDIT:
The DVD disc is what the problem is, for some reason.
The CD disc works.
EDIT 2:
The DVD disc works SOMETIMES, seems like it wasn't totally unfunctional.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. May 2012 @ 10:44

Advertisement
_
__

_
Kannz
_
18. May 2012 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
since you have sm use it to install freemcboot and use the swapmagic elf the elf is like using the dvd but it works pretty much every time go to freemcboot.info for the tutorial on installing it. make sure to google where to actually getting the Swapmagic3.8coder.elf file.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. May 2012 @ 14:38

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > region locked games

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork