User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > bit torrent
Show topics

Forums
Forums
bit torrent
  Jump to:

Posted Message
agustus5
_
28. November 2012 @ 14:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
when i try to download from a bit torrent site, no downloading happens?...I havent had this problem befor?.....

mike

michael
Advertisement
_
__
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2012 @ 17:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You have not provided enough information for anyone to have an idea what your problem is. There is probably a thousand ways for that to happen. You might even be banned from the site.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. December 2012 @ 17:26

agustus5
_
4. December 2012 @ 17:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK.......well, usually when I click on a torrent it automaticly starts leeching. I havent changed any settings on my computer. But now when I try to download a file, nothing happens? The file shows up in my bit torrent site as "stream" but no leeching or downloading takes place? I havent been banned from any sites.....can you give me an idea where to start looking for solutions?
_
5. December 2012 @ 17:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How long has this problem been going on? Has anything changed, as hardware, or anything differently that you have been doing??

agustus5
_
8. December 2012 @ 21:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I havent change any setting.
megadunderhead
_
9. December 2012 @ 14:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by agustus5:
I havent change any setting.
it's not a change in your computer its a change in bit torrent let me explain the new cas system went into affect cas stands for copyright assessment system your isp is blocking the torrent because it violates someones copyrighted works
agustus5
_
10. December 2012 @ 18:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oooooooooooohhhh...........so how do I over come this obstacle?
_
10. December 2012 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by agustus5:
oooooooooooohhhh...........so how do I over come this obstacle?
Don't panic lol What bit torrent client do you use? Has it been recently updated? Do you only use 1 tracker or a few? Have you checked the allowed client list on the trackers you visit?

Basically what I'm trying to say is --> Check the (FAQ) on the torrent tracker you use and make sure the version of utorrent or whatever is allowed. You might need to downgrade but I'm just taking a shot in the dark like others :)

No time for Leap frog!!!
agustus5
_
20. December 2012 @ 14:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok.........the client is isoHunt. I tried to see if its been upated, and no luck. as far as tracker, i am pretty sure i just use one. is there another bit torrent site that is good, that will let me down load unlimitedly?

mike
Bartmole
_
20. December 2012 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your client is not Isohunt (tracker), do you have a program like utorrent, Vuze etc (client). Kickass is a good site but useless unless you have a client to open the downloaded file in.
agustus5
_
22. December 2012 @ 03:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok.........I use Isohunt with bitorrent........maybe I dont understand what a "tracker" is? could you explain? and what is a client?

mike
Bartmole
_
22. December 2012 @ 13:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tracker: "A server on the Internet that acts to coordinate the action of BitTorrent clients. When you open a torrent, your machine contacts the tracker and asks for a list of peers to contact. Periodically throughout the transfer, your machine will check in with the tracker, telling it how much you've downloaded and uploaded, how much you have left before finishing, and the state you're in (starting, finished download, stopping.) If a tracker is down and you try to open a torrent, you will be unable to connect. If a tracker goes down during a torrent (i.e., you have already connected at some point and are already talking to peers), you will be able to continue transferring with those peers, but no new peers will be able to contact you. Often tracker errors are temporary, so the best thing to do is just wait and leave the client open to continue trying." Your client is Bitorrent, could be utorrent, Vuze, whatever application you use to download. Updating your client can resolve downloading issues, for example, an older version of utorrent didn't connect for mke but an updated one did. Have you changed ISP's since this began? Bit dated but this site explains a bit: Brian's Bitorrent FAQ and Guide

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. December 2012 @ 13:03

agustus5
_
22. December 2012 @ 21:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have not changed ISP's. So I should update my bitorrent software?....and then try again?

mike
Advertisement
_
__

_
Bartmole
_
22. December 2012 @ 23:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can give that a shot, make sure any torrent you select has plenty of seeds. And, to contradict my own advice, this version of utorrent is used by myself and others with no problems. Bitorrent and utorrent are identical, last I checked, so you won't have any problems there: http://www.filehippo.com/download_utorrent/9859/
Related links
What is a .torrent file? Click here for explanation.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Google removes popular torrent client, LibreTorrent, from Play Store because it has too many copycats 1 20. December 2019 News comments
One of the most popular Torrent sites of all time brought back to life 1 18. December 2016 News comments
μTorrent now available ad-free for $4.95 a year 9 18. February 2016 News comments
Large public torrent tracker Demonii to shut down 1 4. November 2015 News comments
Torrent scene group YIFY shuts down permanently 5 4. November 2015 News comments
Chrome now blocking direct access to certain popular torrent sites 24 17. July 2015 News comments
UK police take down one of world's largest torrent sites for karaoke files 11 18. March 2015 News comments
EZTV, Zoink torrent sites recovering from Pirate Bay raid 2 11. December 2014 News comments
Torrent indexer Isohunt releases movie streaming Popcorn Time clone 'IsoPlex' 1 18. June 2014 News comments
Torrent uploader hit with $32 million lawsuit over UFC content 7 10. May 2014 News comments

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > bit torrent

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork