User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 00:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > bt forum on afterdawn
Show topics

Forums
Forums
BT Forum on Afterdawn
  Jump to:

Posted Message
stasisdotcd
_
14. October 2012 @ 09:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
With all due respect - this is my first post on here - but I have to say that this section is lacking big time (I was expecting much more).

Hopefully I can contribute to it as a new member!
Advertisement
_
__
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. October 2012 @ 14:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well then be helpful. This was an active forum 3 yrs ago and was very active 5+ yrs ago. The media is winning the torrent battle. The good old days were you could download several hundred gigs a month for free, except for internet service, are long gone. I have been trying to down load a very large set of files 75g+ for 3-4 months now. I started while on vacation I got all but 10g done on vacation. I have been trying to finish it off since then. A good weekend is 500m and I don't try every weekend. This is pathetic.
stasisdotcd
_
15. October 2012 @ 00:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Very happy to help, esp members on this boaard who clearly care about content, etc...
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. October 2012 @ 12:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not sure what you were expecting; the forums generally aren't very active anymore.

You missed this before you posted your latest thread. Maybe best to read up if you plan to contribute regularly, which is obviously appreciated.

stasisdotcd
_
15. October 2012 @ 13:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lol - why do you think trackers do open registration? It's to gain new members from places that care about what they do - high quality video, audio, etc. It has nothing to do with "trading" or "selling" of invites which is clearly what you are confusing it for (and of course is always avoided). I had no expectations but to help, but help improve the information flow in this deficient section.

By your same half baked logic - perhaps you should "advise" the authors of the following threads to think about their expectations for some the titles amd content of this section of the forum:

"Demonoid"
"New Irish Torrent Site"
"TorrentLeech Member" (Could be considered invite trolling on some trackers)
"DC++"

It also seems to be just fine to solicit the names of other trackers from users, see title: "torrents".

But I guess you may as well test out your double standard nonsense on a noob to the list. Especially someone who is fully and legitmately trying to help both a tracker and the members of an AV community by letting them know of open reg. It's humorous that someone actually pulls rank over something that is standard practice...

Thanks for your experienced advice,it was quit helpful and will be quite helpful as I make my way in the world...
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. October 2012 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. October 2012 @ 19:22

Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. October 2012 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stasisdotcd:
Lol - why do you think trackers do open registration? It's to gain new members from places that care about what they do - high quality video, audio, etc. It has nothing to do with "trading" or "selling" of invites which is clearly what you are confusing it for (and of course is always avoided). I had no expectations but to help, but help improve the information flow in this deficient section.

Thanks for your experienced advice,it was quit helpful and will be quite helpful as I make my way in the world...
AD was nearly shut down quite a few yrs ago now. They had to promise to keep these forums 'legal'. They have kept their promise and they have stayed open.

We have plenty of morons post items. That is not a requirement for posting. However, if you are going to be a regular, it would be pleasant if you were informative.
stasisdotcd
_
15. October 2012 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:

AD was nearly shut down quite a few yrs ago now. They had to promise to keep these forums 'legal'. They have kept their promise and they have stayed open.

We have plenty of morons post items. That is not a requirement for posting. However, if you are going to be a regular, it would be pleasant if you were informative.
Originally posted by Mez:

I hope to and I appreciate the respect shown in your response...especially in light of the fact I was just trying to be helpful.

All the very best...
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. October 2012 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was also trying to be both helpful and informative. You shouldn't take offense to Ripper, unlike me, he doesn't really try to rub anyone the wrong way. That was about as flippant as I have ever seen him in many years. Even though you were helpful your were also a little bit abrasive. Me I don't care one way or another but I try not to go off for no reason.

I look forward to becoming informed...
ddp
_
15. October 2012 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
me, i'm just watching.
stasisdotcd
_
15. October 2012 @ 23:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
me, i'm just watching.
haha. Ripper and I have buried the hatchet offline. I am impressed by the maturity by which this group has acted through this nonsense though...
Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
16. October 2012 @ 14:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > bt forum on afterdawn

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork