User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 23:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > pirate bay wont load on 1 computer
Show topics

Forums
Forums
pirate bay wont load on 1 computer
  Jump to:

Posted Message
patrickjam3s
_
30. August 2012 @ 03:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pirate bay stopped working a couple of days ago on my main system, the site still loads on 2 other computers on the network, and I checked the host file within windows/system32/drivers/etc/host
there was no entry for pirate bay on there

im running google chrome, however, I tried to load the site in IE and no go

any help is appreciated as this is a new one for me

Thanks guys!
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2012 @ 07:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try clearing your history/cookies/cache, uninstall/reinstall your browser, update plugins which could be causing errors etc.

TPB is blocked on some ISPs, FYI, not that this seems to apply to your situation.

patrickjam3s
_
30. August 2012 @ 09:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
Try clearing your history/cookies/cache, uninstall/reinstall your browser, update plugins which could be causing errors etc.

TPB is blocked on some ISPs, FYI, not that this seems to apply to your situation.
cleared the cookies, cache, and history, still did not work, though I did not think it would anyway.

consider that I never open IE the first time I ran IE was the other day to try loading pirate bay, so if neither browser can open it I dont think that the problem is with the browser/plugins them selves

the error that I am getting is this:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to thepiratebay.se
Try reloading: thepiratebay.­se

and 2 of the 3 systems on my network open the site so that rules out ISP.

Ive been beginning to think some sort of maleware?

Thanks!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2012 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Perhaps. Download malwarebytes, update it and run a scan.

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > pirate bay wont load on 1 computer

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork