User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > problems with opening ports on emule plus
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problems with opening ports on eMule Plus
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jf3
_
6. September 2012 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm having problems opening ports for eMule Plus. I had them working perfectly with AT&T dsl and McAfee. Then Mcaffe downloaded a program to verify itself and then I lost my opened ports. Also recently got cable internet. I already opened the ports on my Netgear WDR3400 router and added the program to the firewall exceptions. I'm lost and need help please!!! Thanks, J.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
7. September 2012 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum due to poster's blindness as not a "feedback & suggetions" issue.
mrslicker
_
15. September 2012 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Find out what ports you want to open, allow them in the OS firewall ( what firewall program are you using by the way?) Look at the device list in the netgear router and set your pc to a static ip adress, linking that adress (192.168.1.x, probably) to the forwarded ports.

But maybe you could make this work just by using UPNP. Do you have any reasons not to want to use UPNP? If you are OK with it, try visiting this link and download the two UPNP testing programs. The first one is good, but not automated. Apparently, the second one does some of the work for you.

Let us know how it goes

Lastly, if you are certain everything is set up right everywhere but it still does not work, try to temporarily disable the OS firewall. Then test if the ports are open or not.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. September 2012 @ 10:43

ps355528
_
15. September 2012 @ 23:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
emule?.. some people have a deathwish *grins*

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Advertisement
_
__

_
mrslicker
_
25. September 2012 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ps355528:
emule?.. some people have a deathwish *grins*
Yep, but among all the data waste there are some good files to be had there.
Related links
Download eMule from here.
Read AfterDawn.com's eMule tutorial from here!
Read our eMule tutorial!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
emule screwing with Bittorent. 1 14. July 2011 Windows - P2P software
So, it seems that there's this funny thing about emule temp-files .... 2 5. January 2011 Windows - P2P software
emule set up help pls 3 4. December 2010 Windows - P2P software
Can you " Overload " eMule ? 3 21. May 2009 Windows - P2P software
Emule, Upload Limit Set To High, Can It Degrade My Downloads 2 13. May 2009 Windows - P2P software
LevelOne port forwarding-lowid in emule help 1 29. April 2009 Windows - P2P software
eMule Server help? 1 27. December 2008 All other topics
Emule 1 19. October 2008 Windows - P2P software
Emule or Bittorrent 1 19. October 2008 Windows - P2P software

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > problems with opening ports on emule plus

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork