User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 16:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > trouble creating a torrent, please advise
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Trouble Creating a Torrent, please advise
  Jump to:

Posted Message
GrassNja
_
7. July 2011 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good day all,

i am using uTorrent v. 2.2.1 I have followed the guides i have found here, as well as a cool video guide on YouTube, and of course the uTorrent help page. I have, to the best of my knowledge created 3 different torrents now. I added trackers, some say they are working, and I have e-mailed the torrent to the intended recipient. 1 person. However, when that person opens the torrent it shows 0/1 seeds and 0/1 peers. he gets no connection to me. Last night when i tried this, someone connected and began to download my torrent. How is that if I only e-mailed it to one person? I verified and my friend still shows 0 data transfer.

any advice would be great. I would love to talk to someone who has done this and made it work. I am in the military and will be deploying again in a few months. This is hopefully going to be my plan for sharing videos and pictures of my family while I'm gone. I'd like to see my kids grow up, since I wont be there.

THank you all for your time, patience, and responses.

Grass

Never forget where your freedom to act like an idiot comes from.
Advertisement
_
__
pingupop2
_
18. July 2011 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dont use open trackers for private torrents that might be the problem and look at the speed guide for utorrent on tiptogeek.com
Or you could use sendoid for secured and private sharing.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. August 2011 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would look into gigatribe or some other dark net app. They are pretty fast and fairly simple to use, way easier than what you are trying to do and for what? A dark net is the perfect way to share photos, videos and what ever if you already know everyone in the network. For Gigatribe you email an invite which will have a gigatribe install link and instructions how to proceed. Only persons in your network will be able to access your stuff. As the name implies, they are completely stealthy. I have a friend in the video business. He darknets all his videos even though the clients are usually 10 15 minutes away.
JST1946
_
11. August 2011 @ 22:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you want to send large files to someone here are a few in this link that works good.I use the Pondo Email to send large files to my friends in the Philippines and in Saudi Arabia.I live in the USA.I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but it works.Both parties have to have the program installed for it to work.

http://www.tothepc.com/archives/send-large-files-through-email/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. August 2011 @ 22:43

Advertisement
_
__

_
mrslicker
_
30. August 2011 @ 20:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Grass, locate the directory or file you want to share, then put in a tracker like
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce
(Vuze has options for a personal tracker made for the reason you need)
Check the 'start seeding' box and click "Create and save as"

Also, there are other programs for sharing files that are more for your purpose. For instance, a program where you invite a friend to join you in a room or you allow them to see your shared files.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > trouble creating a torrent, please advise

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork