User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:57
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > utorrent checking % speed
Show topics

Forums
Forums
uTorrent Checking % speed
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tyciol
_
6. January 2013 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When a file has been stopped, or if the program times out, or something like that, before it begins downloading again, it goes through a Checked x% process which I have found is taking a very long time for a big batch.

I have read some threads related to this, but they are locked. I did not answers in them. This isnt about improving the actual speed of downloading, but rather, actually getting to that downloading phase by completing the Checking.

I think this is an offline process that does not require Seeder interaction. Something about matching up the .torrent cues with the actual files being built up from the Pieces in the batch.

I am wondering what the limiting factors would be in Checking and what changes could be made to lift them and speed up the checking. Ive noticed that Im 5% done in 6 hours, and Im thinking it shouldnt take 5 days to do this. This is something I downloaded 23 of 28 gigs of in a single day.

Why would it take longer to check a file than to download or build it?
_
8. January 2013 @ 08:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tyciol:
When a file has been stopped, or if the program times out, or something like that, before it begins downloading again, it goes through a Checked x% process which I have found is taking a very long time for a big batch.

I have read some threads related to this, but they are locked. I did not answers in them. This isnt about improving the actual speed of downloading, but rather, actually getting to that downloading phase by completing the Checking.

I think this is an offline process that does not require Seeder interaction. Something about matching up the .torrent cues with the actual files being built up from the Pieces in the batch.

I am wondering what the limiting factors would be in Checking and what changes could be made to lift them and speed up the checking. Ive noticed that Im 5% done in 6 hours, and Im thinking it shouldnt take 5 days to do this. This is something I downloaded 23 of 28 gigs of in a single day.

Why would it take longer to check a file than to download or build it?
The checking process should not take that long. I am not sure what the issue is. I looked around on this and from what I saw there is no way to skip that process in uTorrent.

I would suggest trying qBittorrent. It has an option to add an existing torrent under File>Import existing torrent. Although it implies it is for completed downloads, I have used it for partials. There is also an option to skip the data checking, but that does not appear to work for a partial download. Try adding this way with the check and see if it is just a uTorrent issue.
http://qbittorrent.sourceforge.net/download.php
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > utorrent checking % speed

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork