User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > utorrent problems
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Utorrent problems
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bumul
_
11. January 2013 @ 02:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, you see, I have been using Utorrent for the longest time and recently everything just started to act up. As I download a torrent from a site, the file pops up and as usual I click open instead of save. After that, what usually happens is that it asks me where i want to save that file, but now it just pops up Utorrent and nothing happens. I got a message from a website i have an account on and it messaged me a warning that I am not seeding/uploading back and they will not allow me to download on that site. In the past I have adjusted my setting to upload less, but any other site has not sent me a warning so does this mean i can't do anything? Is there any way to go about this? Additionally, I read tutorials that say I must keep a upload ratio to at least 1.0? Help please
Advertisement
_
__
_
16. January 2013 @ 04:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bumul:
Well, you see, I have been using Utorrent for the longest time and recently everything just started to act up. As I download a torrent from a site, the file pops up and as usual I click open instead of save. After that, what usually happens is that it asks me where i want to save that file, but now it just pops up Utorrent and nothing happens. I got a message from a website i have an account on and it messaged me a warning that I am not seeding/uploading back and they will not allow me to download on that site. In the past I have adjusted my setting to upload less, but any other site has not sent me a warning so does this mean i can't do anything? Is there any way to go about this? Additionally, I read tutorials that say I must keep a upload ratio to at least 1.0? Help please
Looks like you are a member of a private site that has rules regarding ratio and seeding.

This is not an issue with uTorrent.

If you want to remain a member of that site and be able to download, then you will have to check out their rules and guides on how to get your ratio back up.

You should be keeping a ratio of at least 1.0 anyways. In bittorrent the content is distributed using only the upload bandwidth of active users. There is no server. If people did not stay to seed (upload after their download was complete), then there would be no content in bittorrent.
bumul
_
16. January 2013 @ 22:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jeffw224:
Originally posted by bumul:
Looks like you are a member of a private site that has rules regarding ratio and seeding.

This is not an issue with uTorrent.

If you want to remain a member of that site and be able to download, then you will have to check out their rules and guides on how to get your ratio back up.

You should be keeping a ratio of at least 1.0 anyways. In bittorrent the content is distributed using only the upload bandwidth of active users. There is no server. If people did not stay to seed (upload after their download was complete), then there would be no content in bittorrent.
I got the website to allow me to download again after seeding for quite a while, but on that certain website it shows me my ratio only for what i downloaded on that site. I still cannot open anything in Utorrent, I have the downloaded torrent right here but it won't open in Utorrent.
megadunderhead
_
12. February 2013 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
see this is why i dont use utorrent because utorrent can get you busted because they want you to seed but if you seed certain files you go to jail for copyright infringement so not cool you have to seed
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. February 2013 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I live in a city of 250,000 and haven't heard of anyone being convicted or fined - never mind going to jail for infringing someones copyright;dealing narcotics, inflicting grievous bodily harm - even poor unsuspecting Yanks crossing the border packing heat etc, but nothing in the copyright line.
Anyway, I look forward to the day when we go back to the good old ways when me and friends exchanged boxes of Ti-99/4a 5.25 floppy disks courtesy of the post office - the mails are still sacred I believe?
Come to think of it you can get a heck of a lot more on a 100 gram flash drive than those 45KB single sided floppies - bonus!!!the Postie can forward to enhanced job security as it catches on.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > utorrent problems

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork