User User name Password  

Tuesday 11.6.2024 / 02:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > can someone tell me why this video file is so big
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can someone tell me why this video file is so big
  Jump to:

Posted Message
JumpManXT
_
27. May 2013 @ 13:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have this AVI video I believe that I ripped from my camcorder a long time ago. It is 1:13 hours in length, 720x480, but it is 15GB! The quality is pretty rubbish, most likely a recording from early to mid 2000s. From the details of the file, the data rate is 29000kbps and total bitrate is around there too. Audio bitrate is 1024kbps stereo. I'm not very familiar with these video stuff so I apologize if I sound too noobish. I want to keep the video file, but not at the size that it is now. What should I do to shrink this file without making the video look even worse?
Advertisement
_
__
_
27. May 2013 @ 14:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you can try encodehd http://www.google.com/#biw=1024&bih=572...7677a0f9d6475c5
and see if that will help convert the file to a smaller format.

If you have nero, you can use rencode and have it fit on a cdr, but that requires you to mess with the frame rate and down sample the audio
JumpManXT
_
27. May 2013 @ 19:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by keebles:
you can try encodehd http://www.google.com/#biw=1024&bih=572...7677a0f9d6475c5
and see if that will help convert the file to a smaller format.

If you have nero, you can use rencode and have it fit on a cdr, but that requires you to mess with the frame rate and down sample the audio
For a video with such low quality at least visually, why is the file so big?
_
28. May 2013 @ 00:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Avi is uncompressed so the video will take up alot of room weather it looks good or not.

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
28. May 2013 @ 14:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i actually have gameplay videos on youtube.i use a program that records them from my screen uncompressed.they take up massive amounts of memory (uncompressed)
i use windows movie maker to shrink them, might work for you.
in windows movie maker all you have to do is add the video then select save video as (high definition or for my computer) it will shrink it and save it as mp4.seriously ive had 10gb+ movies down to a few hundred mbs and not any major difference in quality.

movie maker is free from windows live and it wont hurt to try even if it isnt successful.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > can someone tell me why this video file is so big

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork