User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > corel windvd pro 11 - pink/green video output?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Corel WinDVD Pro 11 - Pink/Green Video Output?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
daisychopper
_
27. July 2013 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all,

I am in the process of converting an old PC to an HTPC and am hitting a snag with this software.

I have a Radeon 5770 with HDMI-out, using the Catalyst drivers, and am trying to do a dual display setup with my Acer monitor (through DVI) as the main display and an LG HDTV (through HDMI) as the extended display.

This setup has worked for me in the past with my old Olevia HDTV. However, trying to use the LG, whenever I move the WinDVD window onto the LG display, the color scheme for the movie playback gets all messed up, becoming mostly greens and pinks.

It works fine on the main display, and if I tell the desktop to replicate instead of extend displays, it works fine on the LG under those circumstances. But if the LG is extended, the color is messed up. And that's only for the video - everything else looks fine, including the WinDVD menus, etc.

The reason I'd prefer to extend displays instead of replicate is simply that the monitor and the TV have different resolutions, and it appears I can't have them set independently if the displays are replicated.

Any insights on what might be causing the trouble would be greatly appreciated.
ddp
_
29. July 2013 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do you have the monitor & tv setup as 2 displays in "settings" in "display properties"?
daisychopper
_
1. August 2013 @ 23:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
do you have the monitor & tv setup as 2 displays in "settings" in "display properties"?
Thanks for responding.

Yes, I do have them set up as 2 displays; usually the monitor is D1 and the TV is D2 but I have tried reversing them.

Since posting, I've discovered a few more things -

First, I was wrong about it working if I have the displays set to 'replicate' - if I do that, the colors are correct and the FBI warning and the menu works, but when I go to play the movie, I get a message that "your display environment does not support protected content playback." If set to 'extend,' I do not get the error message, but the color is wrong if the movie is being displayed on the TV (yet the desktop looks fine), and if the movie is being displayed on the monitor, the color is fine.

Second, if I set up the TV as the only display, i.e. by disconnecting the other monitor, I still get the messed up color scheme. I am wondering if there might be something wrong with the AVR? It just seems strange, since the desktop and even the WinDvD window/toolbar are correct; it's just the movie content that's messed up.

Totally baffled.

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/CwNi0 Pics if you want to see the problem on the TV.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. August 2013 @ 23:33

Related links
Download WinDVD from here.
Buy WinDVD from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WINDVD registry 1 1. December 2012 Video - Software discussion
dvd-audio doesn't work in windvd 7 6 3. February 2011 Audio
media read error on winDVD 1 15. November 2010 DVD±R for newbies
Patch InterVideo WinDVD to rip DVD-Audio! 7 15. April 2010 News comments
WinDVD 2000 Trial Version 1 20. March 2010 News comments
WinDVD Creator 2 1 9. February 2010 Video - Software discussion
intervideo WinDVD creator 2 2 11. November 2009 Video to DVD
Corel releases WinDVD 2010 2 22. October 2009 News comments
WinDvd 2010 : Screen Capture 1 4. October 2009 Video - Software discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > corel windvd pro 11 - pink/green video output?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork