User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 13:59
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > dvd copying issues
Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvd copying issues
  Jump to:

Posted Message
brenna25
_
24. March 2014 @ 22:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have always used dvd rebuilder with fairly good results. but ever since the old computer broke down and i tried downloading everything it has NOT worked.

I can use dvd shrink but prefer somethinga little bit better.

I can NOT download all the software pieces that I need from the website. ideas please?

alternatives or other ways to make this work?
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. March 2014 @ 03:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Personally i'm too tired to unencrypt what your saying so elaborate & explain better by what you mean when you say you can't download all the pieces,what pieces ? from what website ? however a replacement for dvdshrink is dvdfab hd decrypter

brenna25
_
25. March 2014 @ 13:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry

i meant like mpeg3dec3 or dedecode?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
26. March 2014 @ 23:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok lets start at the beginning you've got a dvd ,you rip it to hard drive,once it's on the hard drive what are you wanting to do with the video ? if it's to convert to a format for use with a mobile device then vidcoder or handbrake is what you need as they have presets for most devices which can be tailored to suit

brenna25
_
28. March 2014 @ 14:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
decrease its size to 4.?? gb but at a high quality
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. March 2014 @ 15:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Loss of quality is unavoidable,the higher the file size the lower the quality will be; as the more compression you apply the worse it gets.You can offset that a little bit by:=

you can increase the quality by using dvd shrink & selecting only the titles (movie & extra's)you want to keep,then trim front & ends of all titles & remove any audio & subs you don't require;then using custom file output size set it to 4485mb,then after it's created burn to a AZO verbatim dvd;downside is there will be no menu

other option use hard drives to store 1:1 rips ; tho i would advise removing any titles & audio etc you don't require & if possible run menushrink over the menu when rip is complete,you'll need to check menu navigation in the media player you use & if it doesn't work use restore function

Anydvd has an option when ripping dvd's to recreate the menu with stills i've never used it so can't comment

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > dvd copying issues

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork