User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 02:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > muxing mkv with mkvmerge corrupts the file
Show topics

Forums
Forums
muxing mkv with mkvmerge corrupts the file
  Jump to:

Posted Message
wuzjackal
_
12. February 2011 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've just started using MKVtoolnix's MKVmerge GUI to add subtitles (English SRT file) and switch default audio tracks (such as to English if the defult track is another language). When I try to play the outputted file on my WD media player, it won't play at all and neither do any of the other video files. I have to reset the media player to the factory settings for it to work properly again. Other files will play fine without affecting the media player and the original file plays fine before I mux it so it has to be something with the files that I just muxed. I haven't changed any of the settings in MKVmerge other than removing the checkmarks from the track listings or changing the flag settings for the different tracks to switch defaults or force them. I've tried to use Meteorite on the new files to see if it can fix them but that just seems to lock up as soon as it starts to work on the file. Anyone have any ideas?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. February 2011 @ 17:55

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > muxing mkv with mkvmerge corrupts the file

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork