User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 12:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mp3lizard.com bands > artist looking for a band > 14 year old female singer/songwriter/dancer/ trumpetist
Show topics

Forums
Forums
14 year old female singer/songwriter/dancer/ trumpetist
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rain1127
_
26. April 2011 @ 12:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi!My name is Salma, and I'm muslim (if you wonder if I cover my hair, yes I do but my neck and a bit off the ears are showing, and I'm not arab I'm half black and half white). All my life, like since I could open my eyes, my biggest dream has been to become an musician/dancer. I've been playin the trumpet since I was seven(I almost taught myself) and singing live at shows since I was eight, and I danced at some shows since I was 12. I also been writing poetry and music since I was 10.

I don't wanna brag, but people have always been very "jawdropped" by my preformances. I've always heard that I dance just like michael jackson, james brown etc; and that I play trumpet and sing like crazy good! People always tell me that I stand out as a person and have an own style. they also say that I look "special". I don't listen to mainstream music. I LOVE michael jackson (my hero!),james brown, diana ross, motown, prince, frank sinatra, janet jackson, sade, jakie wilson,queen. I love dancers like michael jackson, james brown, fred astaire. And I like to sing r'n'b/pop/funk/
funk rock/soul/dance/rock

But all I really want to ask you "non-muslim" people out there, is that if you would start i band would you honestly let a muslim girl be the lead singer. But before you answer I just wanna say you might benefit from it, because standin out is an important part in the business. And don't jugde me just because I'm muslim.Because islam is not a crazy terrorist religion as it's been and being portrayED in the media. It allows dance and music just when it's not too sexual or seducing someone to do something bad.

I'm sorry for the long text, and Í don't want to sound arrogant; I just want you to know what people say about me. Answer honestly please!
p.s. I just want to do great music and be loved!

music

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. May 2011 @ 10:58

afterdawn.com > forums > mp3lizard.com bands > artist looking for a band > 14 year old female singer/songwriter/dancer/ trumpetist

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork