User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 13:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > blu-ray players > best blu-ray player for playing backups?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Best Blu-Ray Player for playing backups?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ripacromb
_
29. February 2012 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all,
Im reaching out to some of the more experienced members of the afterdawn forums to help assist in purchasing a new bluray player to play my backed up movies. I recently had to sell off my massive bluray collection, but, luckily I backed them all up and have been having some serious issues playing them on my PS3 60GB model. Im looking into purchasing a stand alone blu ray player that has more success in playing my backed up movies including my 3D titles.

Any suggestions?

P.S. - Im trying to avoid the Cinavia protection as well.
Advertisement
_
__
h2ofun
_
19. March 2012 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ever find a solution?
ripacromb
_
19. March 2012 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unfortunately not. I just used the one my TV package came with and it seems to be working fine.
h2ofun
_
19. March 2012 @ 12:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am pretty sure a popcornhour will play the DVD and BR (non 3d) iso's and will stream them. I hear the oppo 93 used to until they updated the fw. Am hearing the Himedia 900B might play some stuff also
coolecho
_
30. May 2012 @ 22:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by h2ofun:
I am pretty sure a popcornhour will play the DVD and BR (non 3d) iso's and will stream them. I hear the oppo 93 used to until they updated the fw. Am hearing the Himedia 900B might play some stuff also
I have the same problem. Unfortunately I bought a Toshiba DBK21 and it broke, however it played everything great when it worked. Got a refund and am looking for a new one. My 2.5yr old Sony home BD player won't play copies so I have to rip the movie to a hard drive and play in on a computer to the flat screen.

The Popcorn hour and Oppo are pricey. Are there any cheaper options out there?
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. July 2012 @ 19:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Warning: for Samsung BD-DXXXX series players, DO NOT UPDATE/UPGRADE your firmware. If you do, then that Cinavia beast will cripple your player.

My Samsung BD-D5700 play almost everything (avi, divx, divxHD, mp4/h264, mkv, dvd and bluray, etc.) that I throw in there except only 3D. You can even manually sync the srt subtitle to correct/adjust the time if subtitle is off.

So far, I'm pretty happy with this player for now.

WARNING: Do not "update/upgrade" your SAMSUNG BD-D5XXX series (Bluray Player), or else you cant enjoy any of your movie files.
How 2 downgrade Samsung BD-D5XXX Series Bluray player http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244
JST1946
_
15. July 2012 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like a pretty good deal you have there.Quite a few people can't watch 3D movies anyways it gives them a headache.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. July 2012 @ 02:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
Sounds like a pretty good deal you have there.Quite a few people can't watch 3D movies anyways it gives them a headache.

Yes a good deal indeed, got to show some love for that D5700 bluray player (it's about 1 year, so hope it will last a long time). Very true 3D movies are not always good for everyone, gives people headache.

WARNING: Do not "update/upgrade" your SAMSUNG BD-D5XXX series (Bluray Player), or else you cant enjoy any of your movie files.
How 2 downgrade Samsung BD-D5XXX Series Bluray player http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. July 2012 @ 03:08

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > blu-ray players > best blu-ray player for playing backups?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork