User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > blu-ray players > samsung ht-c6530 home theater not able to play 1080p dts mkv files, but..
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Samsung HT-C6530 Home Theater not able to play 1080p DTS MKV files, but..
  Jump to:

Posted Message
scansbar
_
28. June 2013 @ 02:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,
I have spent tons of hours and days trying to figure this out so any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung HT-C6530 Home Theater System that is able to play 720p MKV files that are encoded with the DTS Audio codec on a DVD disk, but it is not able to play 1080p MKV files that are encoded with the DTS Audio codec on a Bluray disk as the audio stutters and then it is mute.

I tried it on a LG Bluray player and it can't play it either.

Now I'm assuming that the players can't decode the DTS so my only option is to encode it with lets say AC3 and it will work.

I don't understand how it can play the 720p and not 1080p. Is it because there is too much data to process?

Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated as I can't figure this mystery out.
The Bluray players advertise that they can decode DTS.

Thank you for reading and hopefully you can assist as I'm backing up my movie collection and before it grows I'd like to know what are my options.

Take care
Mark
rulisky
_
11. July 2013 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I looked for your systems Manual online and it says able to decode .mkv video at 1080p. Something is not right. Is there a firmware update for your system? Or contact Samsung with your issue. You may need to have your unit replaced.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > blu-ray players > samsung ht-c6530 home theater not able to play 1080p dts mkv files, but..

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork