User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > component to hdmi/vga/dvi?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Component to HDMI/VGA/DVI?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Niper555
_
31. January 2011 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys, I want to get the Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR to record some Xbox 360 gameplay, but the PVR only has component outputs to the TV. The problem with that is that the TV (technically a monitor) I have only has HDMI and VGA inputs (and an HDMI to DVI cord). So I'm wondering what the best way to convert component video and audio to either HDMI, VGA, or DVI would be, and yes I know that HDMI is the only one that supports audio, but at this point it doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.

28 product reviews
_
1. February 2011 @ 22:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
VGA offers much lower quality. HDMI 1.3 and DVI will pretty much offer the same video quality. But since DVI doesn't include audio, make it simpler on yourself and get a component to HDMI cable/converter. You'll keep your quality and you won't have to worry about not having audio. Just getting a component to hdmi cable is probably cheaper than buying a converter (+ hdmi cable, + component cable).

Something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/HDMI-5-RCA-Audio-Video-AV-Component-Cable-Wire-1-5m-/150448693375?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230770e07f
Niper555
_
2. February 2011 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the reply. If I'm not mistaken, component video/audio is an analog signal, whereas HDMI is a digital one. My monitor (Hanns.G HH241HPB) does accept analog signals, but in the form of a VGA cable. So I am skeptical about running an analog signal into a digital input, unless my monitor can switch it or convert it. I am not an expert so I don't know if that will happen or if it'll work just fine, but I may just have to invest in one and find out.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > component to hdmi/vga/dvi?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork