User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 13:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > dvi-i to hdmi on hdtv?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVI-I to Hdmi on HDTV?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
leroyj
_
26. August 2010 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

Ive just got round to purchasing an HDMI cable to enable me to view streams etc on my HDTV.
On the back of my PC is a DVI-I port so I bought a DVI-I to HDMI adaptor which slots into the back of my PC, then I simply bought an HDMI cable to run from the adaptor to the back of my TV.
I plugged them in and went to the correct channel/source (e.g DVD, PC, AV) in this case DVI/HDMI.
On my TV screen I get the screensaver/wallpaper screen but when go on the internet it shows up on my PC screen but nothing changes on TV screen.

As its my first time doing this known my luck all I have to do is press a button or something,
is there anything ive missed or forgot to do....thanks

EDIT: Solved the problem on how to view internet on TV. Now I have the problem of no sound, is there a way of getting sound other than buying a graphics card with a HDMI port?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. August 2010 @ 11:39

_
21. October 2010 @ 08:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't believe any PC will send audio through a HDMI cable unless there are graphics cards available with a HDMI out that include audio or a connection to the audio of the PC. You will need either a stereo audio cable or a coaxial or optical cable (if the PC and TV has those inputs).

What was the video problem? A Windows in Windows issue?
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > dvi-i to hdmi on hdtv?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork