User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > hdmi high speed ethernet
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HDMI High Speed Ethernet
  Jump to:

Posted Message
crowheart
_
25. October 2010 @ 20:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just bought an HDTV and was given a HDMI cable. I noticed on the cable pkg that it says "HDMI High Speed with Ethernet". My new TV is a no frills TV Samsung model#LN32C350. Needless to say it is not Internet capable or anything like that. I am trying to figure out if this is HDMI cable is back-wards compatible. I don't want to open the package and try the cable in case I have to return the cable to the store.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks...
Prozac4545
_
26. October 2010 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by crowheart:
I just bought an HDTV and was given a HDMI cable. I noticed on the cable pkg that it says "HDMI High Speed with Ethernet". My new TV is a no frills TV Samsung model#LN32C350. Needless to say it is not Internet capable or anything like that. I am trying to figure out if this is HDMI cable is back-wards compatible. I don't want to open the package and try the cable in case I have to return the cable to the store.

Thanks...
All HDMI cables are backwards compatible. This link will explain the difference between 1.3 and 1.4 revision cables if you want more information. MonoPrice.com If you don't need the Ethernet capabilities, I would return the cable. If you paid more than $10 for your cable, you got ripped off anyway. My guess is you went to Best Buy where they don't work on commission, but get bonuses for pimping unneeded and overpriced accessories/warranties.
crowheart
_
26. October 2010 @ 12:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Prozac4545:

Thanks...
All HDMI cables are backwards compatible. This link will explain the difference between 1.3 and 1.4 revision cables if you want more information. MonoPrice.com If you don't need the Ethernet capabilities, I would return the cable. If you paid more than $10 for your cable, you got ripped off anyway. My guess is you went to Best Buy where they don't work on commission, but get bonuses for pimping unneeded and overpriced accessories/warranties.

Thanks for the reply. You guessed it right the cable is from Best Buy! I didn't pay for it, it was a gift from a relative who works at Best Buy. My concern was that it would not work because I don't have Internet functionality with this no-frills HDTV. I will go ahead and use the cable since it is back-wards compatible and it will not cause any issues.Thank you...
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > hdmi high speed ethernet

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork