User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > hdtv streaming help request
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HDTV Streaming Help Request
  Jump to:

Posted Message
MRKIRK
_
21. August 2010 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am in the market for a new system, HDTVs, four of them and add to that something that will allow "on-demand" broadcasting of my DVD collection. Meaning, any client can select from any category any movie he/she wishes. It would be nice to block certain audience, (like my children) to be able to only select movies I've given network permissions to watch? Or maybe using the MPAA Ratings? I should mention that all of these DVD's are in iso file format. They are not encrypted, and average 4GB to 8GB in size

The system should be capable of streaming this on-demand video HD Video/Audio via HDMI and should work stutter-free / hiccup free with multiple clients; multiple clients should be able to pull up and play selections as well for simultaneous feeds and playback on differnt HDTV sets, this is very important to me... I'm currently in need for a capacity of 4 to 5 clients each with 46" to 60" Plasmas or LCD TVs. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I read somewhere about the advent of some new HDTVs that have Ethernet, and are capable of accepting streaming content, would this type of set work better? Just a thought.

I currently have an ALL Apple Mac Home Network, I have several QNapp 16TB Servers with my huge collection of DVDs.

So, folks, What kind of hardware do I need. Model numbers, please. What specific equipment do you recommend. I am looking for a "Pro Solution", but not one that might require a eloc. so, how much am I going to have to spend to get this working?

Thanks again for your professional input. Pardon my lengthy message, I'm quite thorough.

Paul

MRKIRK

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. August 2010 @ 20:31

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > hdtv streaming help request

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork