User User name Password  

Sunday 28.4.2024 / 22:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > how can i connect my hdtv to my computer?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How can I connect my HDTV to my computer?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
cucuzza
_
6. January 2011 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm trying to connect my HDTV to my computer to use as a second monitor. The HDTV is a Westinghouse 32" LCD (Widescreen LCD TV LTV-32W1). I've connected it to my computer using a DVI cable. Each end of the DVI cable is a male connector, one that plugs in to my video card (NVIDIA 9500GS) and one that plugs into the back of my TV. Every time I try to set up multiple monitor display, my computer's monitor goes black and says "PC resolution out of range, please set to recommended setting of 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz). This is the resolution my monitor has always been in. It is my understanding that the resolution of a 32" 720p tv is 1280 x 720, fully within my PC resolution's range. My TV says "no signal" though my DVI is securely plugged in.

What am I doing wrong? How do I enable the DVI port so I can connect to the HDTV as a monitor? My computer monitor is being connected by VGA. How can I make this work?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. January 2011 @ 22:43

alter5
_
10. March 2011 @ 05:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try to extend your desktop and then you can set different resolution to every monitor.

Alternatives - alternatives directory and dictionary.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > how can i connect my hdtv to my computer?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork