User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 00:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > how to connect laptop to hdtv.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
how to connect laptop to hdtv.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dfranklin
_
2. February 2010 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a dell latitude d600
I/O Ports:
Two (2) USB ports
One (1) S-Video TV-Out
One (1) Parallel port
One (1) 15-pin VGA port
One (1) 9-pin Serial port
RJ-45 ethernet jack
RJ-11 modem jack
Microphone and Headphone in jack

I have a vizio 32" lcd hdtv
HDMI with HDCP 2
RF Connector for Internal Tuner 1
Component YPbPr plus Stereo Audio: 1
S-Video: 1
Computer RGB: 1
Composite Video: 1
USB Ports: 1 (service only)

Whats the best way (price doesnt matter) to connect the 2 to use my tv as a computer screen? I would like to use the tv for the sound too.
nownthen
_
4. February 2010 @ 20:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would use the s-video out to the s-video in. You should be able to find a cord that will go from the 3.5mm headphone jack to component style connections.

That is the simplest way. I not sure if you can get better picture if you get some type of device that will convert from VGA port to something that will match you tv, there are devices out there but I don't think they are very popular any more because graphic cards with output are fairly common plus most tv have the VGA input on them these days. Generally any type of conversion involves some quality loss.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > how to connect laptop to hdtv.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork