User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > humming sound, samsung tv
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Humming sound, Samsung TV
  Jump to:

Posted Message
6BurghFan
_
28. December 2010 @ 20:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Samsung HD Projector TV, Model #HLR6156W, 61 in. I was having some problems with the projector lamp and just replaced it. There continues to be a humming or buzzing sound coming from the TV and the picture is not crisp....shadowy. Anyone have suggestions as to what this could be?

28 product reviews
_
28. December 2010 @ 20:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do you live in higher than normal altitude? This is common especially with some of Samsung's Plasmas, but the noise usually goes away after a month or two. But since it's also the picture that has problems, you might have to "re-seat" your lamp. Also the glass face may be dirty/smudged, or the lamp could be defective all together.

I don't expect this to fix it, but it would be good to try and re-seat the lamp. Here's a good easy guide: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-323236.html

If it doesn't work, then you should take it back and get it replaced.
6BurghFan
_
28. December 2010 @ 21:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mike.m:
Do you live in higher than normal altitude? This is common especially with some of Samsung's Plasmas, but the noise usually goes away after a month or two. But since it's also the picture that has problems, you might have to "re-seat" your lamp. Also the glass face may be dirty/smudged, or the lamp could be defective all together.

I don't expect this to fix it, but it would be good to try and re-seat the lamp. Here's a good easy guide: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-323236.html

If it doesn't work, then you should take it back and get it replaced.
No, we're not in a higher altitude and the lamp is brand new....just replaced it today. I was told that maybe the "color wheel"?? needs to be replaced...do you know anything about that?

(The Don)
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > humming sound, samsung tv

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork