User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > panasonic u2 vs s2 plasma series? what are the differences?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Panasonic U2 vs S2 Plasma series? What are the differences?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
5. November 2010 @ 20:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys,

Just like the subject title states, what are the differences/advantages between both of these HDTV models? I have decided on a Panasonic Plasma 1080p but I can't seem to distinguish any difference between the two model lines!

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

**There are those who follow their dreams.. And there are those who chase them down and beat them mercilessly into submission**
domanits
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
16. November 2010 @ 03:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes it is something that really interest me too. What is exactly the different between those two since they're both plasma tv.

removing nits

_
16. November 2010 @ 04:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After combing the web for a few days straight, I think I have finally come across a lead in a positive direction..

Apparently the Panasonic U2 series has only 900 moving picture lines on it's screen. Meaning although this HDTV is advertised as full 1080p, it actually comes up 180 lines short with what could be referred to as "900p." Also, the U2 series does not boast NeoPDP technology like the S2 series does. What this means is that on the S2 model, the black's are darker and the whites are brighter, creating more vivid color images over the U2 model. The S2 even consumes a bit less power than the U2.

I guess everyone who purchased the U2 model didn't do all of their homework..

Skip U2 series and go with the S2 model everyone, they are pretty much the same price too!

**There are those who follow their dreams.. And there are those who chase them down and beat them mercilessly into submission**
Advertisement
_
__

_
Shopper1212
_
1. December 2010 @ 23:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BLKBRDTA: Thanks for posting the follow up to your own question. Your efforts have saved me hours of research! Much appreciated!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > panasonic u2 vs s2 plasma series? what are the differences?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork