User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 22:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > pc to my hdtv???
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PC to my HDTV???
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rampipe
_
4. April 2010 @ 10:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is it possible to connect my pc to my HDTV (SHARP LC-42XD1E) using my graphics card ( ati RADEON 9600 Pro ).If so what leads/programs do i need and where do i get them???
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
4. April 2010 @ 21:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rampipe:
Is it possible to connect my pc to my HDTV (SHARP LC-42XD1E) using my graphics card ( ati RADEON 9600 Pro ).If so what leads/programs do i need and where do i get them???

It seems your video card only has VGA output, but luckily our TV has a VGA input, so you should be able to connect them with ease. You can probably use the cable you already have conected to your monitor, should be something like thisL

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q...IwBg#ps-sellers

If you are not going to use the PC speakers, you can use a 3.5mm jack to RCA stereo audio to connect to TV speakers(if you have a soldering iron or electrical tape and some old cables/headphones,you can make your own):

http://www.amazon.com/3-5MM-To-Stereo-Rca-Cables/dp/B000HSEQH8

Here's some info on the setup:

http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/Ho...-TV/?textpage=3

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. April 2010 @ 21:28

shadrach
_
23. April 2010 @ 02:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Assume that TV has a 3.5mm input next to the VGA input some TVs have RCA inputs, requiring the aforementioned adapter.
Get a 3.5mm male-to-male stereo cable
Purchase some sort of headset/speakers switch box
Plug the switch box into the headset output of the PC
Plug the 3.5mm male-to-male cable between the "speaker" output of the switch box and the 3.5mm input of the TV
Plug the headset into the headset output of the switch box
If you want to use the headset for TV audio, this will be a bit more difficult. TVs are getting more and more basic as far as audio features as many people who purchase an HDTV don't even use the built-in audio and purchase separate surround sound systems instead.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. April 2010 @ 14:40

Advertisement
_
__

_
Nick063
_
24. April 2010 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i dont mean to hijack the thread but i have a similiar setup but i have a dvi to hdmi cord for the video but my problem is the audio, i have the 3.5mm cable but i cant figure out how to use it in conjunction with the hdmi....i guess i will have to buy a video card with an hdmi output to get sound with the video?
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > pc to my hdtv???

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork