User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > toshiba 42inch 1080p issue please help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Toshiba 42inch 1080P issue PLEASE HELP
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kountrybo
_
17. August 2010 @ 22:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So here is the backstory for this problem. I purchased this TV in december of 2008. At first I was only using it for gaming and to watch TV. Well last year I hooked it up to my Dell desktoip computer and started using it as my monitor. Well, here is where my issue started. I will explain the problems I'm having and see if someone can make sense of it all because it has me clueless.

First, I'm using a VGA cable for video and a regular sound cable for sound. "like a big headphone jack that just plugs into the sound port of my PC"

Here are my issues..

First off, if the TV is off and the PC is on, I cant turn the TV on unless I unplug the VGA cord. I can hit the power button, but the screen will stay black with no sound. I then have to turn off the TV, unplug the VGA cable from the back of my PC, turn on the TV and let it come on completely, THEN plug the PC back in. This happens no matter what the input is set too.

Well, that issue is very big but the next one is. I can be surfing the net, or even watching TV or playing my xbox "doesnt matter as long as my VGA cord is hooked up" and at random times the screen will completely freeze up. It will start fading dark with tiny dots all over the picture. Then after it gets dark for a few seconds it will then blink and the picture will be back to normal. But the sound will be completely muffled and distorted and the TV will be making a high pitched almost static-like sound. That sound will start off low, but after a few moments gets louder and louder. I then have to turn off the TV and turn it back on.

That issue sometimes won't happen for a week or 2 at a time. Then sometimes it will happen 20 times in a day.

Please, someone tell me they have seen this before. I have tried updating drivers, using external sound, anything I could think of. But it only happens when the Computer is connected to the TV.
_
21. October 2010 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1. What resolution is the PC set to?
2. Does your PC have a DVI out? If so, try a DVI to HDMI connection,
3. Is it on board video or a separate video card? If on board, get a separate card with a DVI out. Integrated graphics always suck,
4. Do you have a coaxial or optical out from the PC if you have an audio receiver instead of using analog stereo?
5. Try a separate audio card (I assume it's on board audio).
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > toshiba 42inch 1080p issue please help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork