User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 00:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > vga/hdmi laptop to hdtv
Show topics

Forums
Forums
VGA/HDMI Laptop to HDTV
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
8. July 2010 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I wanted to know if I can display my laptop display content on my HDTV.

My laptop specs:
Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934
Highest(And current) resolution: 1280x 800
Outputs: USB 2.0 and VGA
Screen Size(If it matters): 15.4"

My HDTV specs:
Sony Bravia KDL 32L5000
Resolution: 720p(What I believe is 1366 x 720)
Screen Size: 32"
Inputs: 3 HDMI, VGA, Components

If I had a video(say Youtube) on my laptop that was in 720p, can I somehow copy that to my TV without expensive equipment?

Red 30GB iPod video customized by Colorware and Citrix
2nd Gen iPod Shuffle
Toshiba Satellite 305D Laptop
XBOX 360 Arcade(Bought by ex-girlfriend)
yzfspecv
_
28. July 2010 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
get a HDMI cable plug that into your laptop then plug the other end into your tv then switch to HDMI input xxx whatever hdmi input you pluged the end into the tv at and there you are your set. then you can make the resolution on the laptop 720p or 1080p or 1080i or whatever. Btw you can buy a 15ft or so hdmi cable on ebay for like 5 dollars.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. July 2010 @ 19:26

lucy84
_
6. August 2010 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by yzfspecv:
get a HDMI cable plug that into your laptop then plug the other end into your tv then switch to HDMI input xxx whatever hdmi input you pluged the end into the tv at and there you are your set. then you can make the resolution on the laptop 720p or 1080p or 1080i or whatever. Btw you can buy a 15ft or so hdmi cable on ebay for like 5 dollars.
what if your laptop doesn't have a hdmi output? the only sockets on my toshiba netbook NB100 is USB and then another little 15 holed socket which would not take a hdmi cable. doesn't seem to take any cable that i own...
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hdtv discussion > vga/hdmi laptop to hdtv

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork