Show topics

Forums
Forums
FFVIII Random Freezes
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Gurukai
_
2. February 2011 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, got a psp 2001 running 5.50 GEN-D3. Playing FFVIII PSX Backup and it seems to freeze at random intervals. curious if there is a more stable way of running it? I use to use popsloader, but it seems to not have been updated in a while. thx in advance
Advertisement
_
__
AaronTrip
_
18. March 2011 @ 21:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea man i had the same problem. Are you playing a PSN version or a pirated?
Gurukai
_
19. March 2011 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i am using a file that i created myself from my PS1 version of the game. I have read all around that this type will freeze at random intervals. It is due to the camera movements from what most posts have said. So i have thus stopped playing the game until they find a fix or, I have recently learned that PSN has FFVII and FFVIII. I was thinking of buying FFVIII
_
20. March 2011 @ 00:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i had the problem on a ps1 version running on a ps1.at the end of disk 2 it would freeze.just suspected it was cause it was a pirated version.hired the game (original discs)for 2 weeks and completed it.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
_
21. March 2011 @ 02:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
5.50 GEN-D3: Created multidisc eboot using SLPS-02180 and RS-GUI PopStationMD v3.00. Use 3.90 POPS to play the game, but use 3.71 POPS to get past FMVs that don't work on 3.90 POPS. For those who have trouble with the Lunar Tear FMV, run on 3.71 POPS and set the "Disc-Load Speed" to FAST. via Gamerspress.
Gurukai
_
21. March 2011 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what is FMV's? please elaborate.
Vato
_
30. May 2011 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This is one of the games that will not work properly at all on the PSP, be it either pirated or original (because original you still have homebrew to play it anyways).
It will do random freezes on people at various places. For me it did it at the part where I had to run away from that metal crab at the beach.... got tired of it and gave up. Mind you when I had it on my PSX I finished it like 5 times or was it 8... hmmm can't remember lol

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. June 2011 @ 22:06

Advertisement
_
__

_
Paine96
Inactive
_
7. November 2011 @ 01:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Gurukai:
what is FMV's? please elaborate.

************Spoilers****************
FMV is Full Motion Video (i think dont quote me on that) but its like when the sorceress parade dancers go close up and when the Seed ships are attacking Dollet. Personally i think that is one of the best FMV's in first half of the game. also not sure if this is against rules i shouldnt think so but what tymarski said is right but some eboot creators dont work well with it so for ore info just visit my topic called ""final fantasy 8 stable on psp? this is my story "" That should help you. i think this may only wokr on easier to work with psp's such as 1000 and early 2000 but im not sure as i only use a 1000
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - games > ffviii random freezes

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork