User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > dragon warrior vii, 6.20 pro-b8.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dragon Warrior VII, 6.20 Pro-B8.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
friz898
Inactive
_
3. September 2011 @ 17:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Guys,

I've done about 30 hours worth of reading, researching, and trial and error (make that 100% error) and I've finally given up. Google is NOT my friend this time.

The Problem: Cannot get DW7 to work with text boxes showing.

Where I am at: The game runs no problem, I have already made a single working eboot by using the multidisc stuff. The eboot runs fine, but with no text boxes. I have searched and searched and found MANY threads in multiple forums all with people saying they had similar problem. I've also found a few places where it says "Works with Popsloader such and such"

I cannot get it to work with the built-in popsloader, Popsloader v1, or v3. In fact, it loads by itself fine, but if I use a popsloader, not a single one of them will load. I just get returned to XMB saying "Game cannot be read" or whatever that error is.

I'm sure it's simple. It has to have been figured out by now in 2011 with such a popular game, but I'm having no success. I have gotten 4 other PSX games to work (the only other 4 I have tried) and well this one works too... just no text boxes. (Have I said that enough yet?)

Please someone let me know if the problem is simply 6.20 PRO-B8.

Or if my own ignorance, and if it's the latter, plese tell me what I need to do.

I seen some threads say use 3.52, 3.71, 3.72, and 4.01, all depending on the date and the forum. For me, none of those versions even run DW7.

So perhaps my issue is a Popsloader issue? I currently have the "all-install" or whatever that has all versions 3-something to 6.60 selectable.

I'm rather new to the hacked psp scene (after 4 years, and 73 games on OFW) so again, I apologize for anything noob'ish here.

Thank you much for your help.
Advertisement
_
__
friz898
Inactive
_
9. September 2011 @ 17:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys. Just hoping to bump this, or whatever. I check the thread at least once a day. I'm hoping someone will have an answer. In the meantime, my 1.03 gb rip sits there on my PSP. Havent lost faith yet!
Valkrys
_
11. September 2011 @ 01:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have the solution, after encountering the same problem as you. Since you have B8 currently, Ill assume you know how to install/update it. The first step is updating to B9. I apparently can't post links here, but you should know where to get it. If not, google "pro cfw google code" and you should be good. Remember, you'll want 6.20 PRO B9.

The next step is to get POPSLoader working. POPSLoader has only recently been rewritten to work with the PRO CFW, and it can be confusing to set up. Again, links would be nice here, as I'd like to post a link to a guide, but telling you what to google will have to suffice. Google "guide to installing popsloader on cfw" and use the first link, it should be to a GBAtemp post. Follow the guide there to get it all working. The download is a bit big, but the files are worth it.

Once you have POPSLoader working, use 3.52. I can confirm that this works, with text boxes.

One note on this: if you have a PSP GO, 3.52 will apparently not have sound unless headphones are used. I know of no way of getting around this, so it might not be possible to play DW7 on a GO without headphones. I have a 3000, and 3.52 is fortunately one of the POPS versions that works on it.

Good luck on getting this to work. I tried for several hours today before finding guides that actually worked. Your major problem is probably that you dont have POPSLoader set up correctly. It is necessary for DW7 right now, and is a very handy tool to have at your disposal regardless, so setting it up correctly should save you a lot of headaches.
friz898
Inactive
_
11. September 2011 @ 01:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright, Thanks.

Ya, I know how to do all that. I did everything you said, including popsloader and 3.52 --- with B8.

If B9 will really fix this, then I'll go ahead and upgrade.

Thank you much for your reply.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. September 2011 @ 01:51

Advertisement
_
__

_
DWfan1997
_
30. October 2011 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Valkrys:
I have the solution, after encountering the same problem as you. Since you have B8 currently, Ill assume you know how to install/update it. The first step is updating to B9. I apparently can't post links here, but you should know where to get it. If not, google "pro cfw google code" and you should be good. Remember, you'll want 6.20 PRO B9.

The next step is to get POPSLoader working. POPSLoader has only recently been rewritten to work with the PRO CFW, and it can be confusing to set up. Again, links would be nice here, as I'd like to post a link to a guide, but telling you what to google will have to suffice. Google "guide to installing popsloader on cfw" and use the first link, it should be to a GBAtemp post. Follow the guide there to get it all working. The download is a bit big, but the files are worth it.

Once you have POPSLoader working, use 3.52. I can confirm that this works, with text boxes.

One note on this: if you have a PSP GO, 3.52 will apparently not have sound unless headphones are used. I know of no way of getting around this, so it might not be possible to play DW7 on a GO without headphones. I have a 3000, and 3.52 is fortunately one of the POPS versions that works on it.

Good luck on getting this to work. I tried for several hours today before finding guides that actually worked. Your major problem is probably that you dont have POPSLoader set up correctly. It is necessary for DW7 right now, and is a very handy tool to have at your disposal regardless, so setting it up correctly should save you a lot of headaches.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > dragon warrior vii, 6.20 pro-b8.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork