User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > picodrive segacd error
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PicoDrive SegaCD error
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ysprocks
_
5. November 2011 @ 14:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can get SonicCD to load but not my favorite game - Daytona USA. SonicCD loads briefly to the Sega Saturn BIOS and then the game starts. Daytona USA loads to the BIOS and never loads the game. My only option is to press START and play the music files within the games inside the bios. Hardly fun.

I've downloaded several different roms of the game with no success. Other rom versions load to a black screen and nothing happens.

I'm cluecless. Any help would be appreciated

--
PSP 1000, 6.60 ME-1.6

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. November 2011 @ 14:40

ps355528
_
14. November 2011 @ 07:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried any other games?.. If I recall Daytona USA was quite a late run Saturn game so it's probable the rips are faulty (most roms come from one original rip and contain the exact same error) due to having the late series copy protection media checks still in place.
It's always a good idea to try them on a pc emulator first to "debug" them before trying to get them working on a toy emulator.. you may find it needs patching, certain tweaks to emulator settings, some plugin or other.. or simply won't run at all no matter what you do as the disk image is faulty. Some success was found with awkward games by converting them to .img+sub files in the same way as certain ps1 games required.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
SuperTed
_
11. August 2012 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
picodrive is for segacd
datona is a sega saturn game, so that won't work.

Just wondering around
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > picodrive segacd error

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork