User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 05:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - general discussion > bigger screen on psp?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Bigger screen on PSP?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Just_a_n00b
_
14. March 2013 @ 21:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The original PSP 2001 series screen I had crapped out on me, and I dont have the money to buy a new one. I do however have a portable dvd player screen that is already removed from the dvd player and works just fine. I need help installing it though. The hardware is too different. I already know that the aspect ratio will be screwed up and blah blah blah... I can fix that. I do not however have the experience to install this screen. I could use some help. Thanks!
Zymz
_
19. March 2013 @ 05:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't have a solution for you,

but there is a good chance you can't use another screen from a different piece of equipment without some custom hardware, especially if the aspect ratio / max resolution is different. Many portable DVD player screens are less than the 480p resolution of the PSP, this would most likely not shrink the screen like you would want, but instead not show any pixels past its max resolution. (if you could even get it to work).

My only other advice if you are truly set to attempt this would be to check Do It Yourself (DIY) sites and see if anyone else on the WWW has managed to pull this off.

Otherwise you could probably find a broken PSP of the same type with an intact screen on Ebay or at some local repair shop and buy a replacement screen for cheap(er) and simply swap it out.

Hopefully you figure out a solution.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - general discussion > bigger screen on psp?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork