User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 04:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - general discussion > strange power issue (psp 2001), green light flashes for a second. amber light with pandora.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Strange Power Issue (PSP 2001), Green Light Flashes for a Second. Amber light with Pandora.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Koutarou
_
26. February 2012 @ 18:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Having somewhat of a strange issue with my PSP 2001. This issue came out of nowhere. My PSP was fine for a longest time, I went to grab it the other night and the following issues happened:

With a non-pandora battery in the PSP with no power adapter connected, I try to flip the power switch on... nothing happens. No green light, no flash of the screen, nothing. When I connect the power adapter with a non-pandora battery in the PSP and I get no amber light. However when I try to turn the PSP on, the green light flashes once for about a second, the screen also flashes for about half a second. After that it goes off / black.

With no battery in the PSP and the power adapter connected I get the same issue as above, the green light flashes once for a second and the screen flashes for half a second. Then nothing, it goes black.

Here's where the strange part comes in... If I put a pandora battery in and flip the switch it has the same issue as a non-pandora battery. No light at all, nothing. But.. when I insert the power adapter with a pandora battery in the PSP, the amber light comes on as if it's charging the battery. This does not happen with a non-pandora battery.

My pandora battery is hard-modded, the trace on it is cut.

Any idea what is causing this issue?

The PSP has a CFW on it and was fine for the longest time, this issue again, came out of no where.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - general discussion > strange power issue (psp 2001), green light flashes for a second. amber light with pandora.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork