User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 17:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > a noob needs help with choosing parts for his first pc
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A noob needs help with choosing parts for his first PC
  Jump to:

Posted Message
skydreamer
_
28. August 2013 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, hello there.
An internet friend recommended me to ask around on forums for help with building my new PC, he mentioned this place, so here I am.

I have a budget of around 450? (which if I'm lucky will rise to 500-550 max) which I'd like to use to buy myself a new desktop.
I need to buy pretty much all the peripherals new since I don't have them :/
So, I'd be using it mostly for internet surfing, videos and some light gaming, games like Portal 2 and Fallout New Vegas, and maybe later on Skyrim, too.
Unfortunately, as the title says :P, I'm not too up to date with what the current CPUs and graphic cards are (I believe we are at the 6xx series for geforce). I know what part does what etc, but I have never build a PC for myself yet and I need help.
I have a vague picture in my mind that would tell me that for my money I might be able to get an i3 and a geforce 640 or the ati equivalent, but if this is completely wrong correct me.
Then there's the entire rest of the hardware where, unfortunately, I have no clue, sorry.
I'd like my monitor to be at least 1360x768, have at least 500GB HDD and 4GB of RAM.
About the OS, since I'll want to play a little bit of games on it I'd like to have windows 7, I guess I can just copy the whole partition of the family desktop over?

Last thing is that I just moved to Norway and I'm not sure which sites deliver here and which not, would you happen to know any good sites for here? (By the way I don't speak norwegian yet, so I won't be able to read norwegian-only websites)

Thank you in advance for your help!
Or not help :P

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. August 2013 @ 16:46

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. August 2013 @ 12:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This forum you posted in has a stickied thread for advice on building a pc at the top if you get no bites here it might pay to copy/paste your question there

unsubbed
skydreamer
_
29. August 2013 @ 14:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do you mean "The Official PC building thread - 4th Edition" thread?
I didn't post there because "In case you want to ask something like "What components should I pick for my new PC?", start a new topic to our PC building forum." was written on the top^^

Anyway thank you for the advice, I'll ask there and if I get yelled at for doing it I'll blame you.
Haha just kidding, thank you :D
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. August 2013 @ 12:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol..i didn't see the fine print,just link to your topic

This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > a noob needs help with choosing parts for his first pc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork