User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > good graphics card to match to q8400 ?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Good graphics card to match to Q8400 ?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
LDee
_
28. April 2014 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,

Have a box that I'd like to use for games if possible. It's got a mid to low end CPU, Q8400 core 2 quad, and 8GB of RAM. I'm looking for a graphics card that isn't overkill so the cpu would be constantly bottle-necking, but more like something that sits nicely in this mid to low power system. Ideally I'd like to be able to play newish games like Bioshock Infinite and BF4 etc (not bothered if I can't run them on the highest settings). My knowledge of graphics cards is very much out of date so I'd really appreciate it if I could get a few suggestions. Oh, and if it's not worth me attempting to play games on a system based on this cpu please let me know.

Thanks!
Advertisement
_
__
_
28. April 2014 @ 22:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have the same cpu,i have an outdated gigabyte hd4550 graphics card.
games that have ran good:
streetfighter4 arcade edition,(i have a youtube video with some gameplay)
need for speed the run,
need for speed hot pursuit,
grid 2,(i have a video of gameplay on that)
battlefield play 4 free,(have a gameplay video on it)
need for speed world.(have several gameplay videos on it)
Tony hawks HD ( i had to edit the ini file but ran fine after the edits also got gameplay videos of that)

issues,
need for speed shift 2 (it didnt run properly it was slow and choppy)
GTA 4 (it ran very slow & choppy)

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
LDee
_
29. April 2014 @ 03:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your reply, have looked at some videos, think I would go for something higher than HD4550. Any suggestions?
_
29. April 2014 @ 10:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hd 6000series or hd 7000 series are suppose to be good for gaming in a budget range.
i also have a m8 thats a hardcore gamer and he got a gtx graphics card for about $400 its a high performance card.got a feeling it was gtx 680 but not 100% sure.He doesn't get any lag in any game.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
ddp
_
29. April 2014 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
xboxdvl2, how much ram is on that hd4550 card as my hd6450 cards on 2 different computers have 1gig each?
_
29. April 2014 @ 13:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
xboxdvl2, how much ram is on that hd4550 card as my hd6450 cards on 2 different computers have 1gig each?
mines 512 on the 4550.

ddp
_
29. April 2014 @ 13:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
could be why it was slow & choppy.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rengineer
_
16. May 2014 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Radeon 6700 series they work great.
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > good graphics card to match to q8400 ?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork