User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > need pc upgrade suggestions
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Need PC Upgrade Suggestions
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
26. January 2014 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I want to upgrade my PC specs including: Processor, RAM, Graphics Card. I'm a casual to extreme user and I play a few high end games like COD: Ghosts, Need for Speed, Grand Theft Auto IV (soon V) and so on. I want a PC that'll go for at least 3-4 years.
Please tell me the items I should or shouldn't change/upgrade.

My current specs are:
Board: Intel DH61WW
Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1GHz
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3
RAM: 6GB
HDD: 500GB

These are the specs I selected (please tell me if they are good enough):

Board: SAME
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 3.2GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX650Ti 2GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 1.5TB

Please SUGGEST...
Thanks.

mramd
Advertisement
_
__
_
26. January 2014 @ 13:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got told for any pc thats for gaming or other things that use a lot of resources max the ram.put the maximum supported ram in there.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
_
26. January 2014 @ 15:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright. What about the other parts??

mramd
ddp
_
26. January 2014 @ 18:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check the recommended system requirements for those games. how full is the 500gig hd? 8gigs of ram should be alright just depends on videocard & cpu requirements for those games.
_
7. February 2014 @ 16:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GPU:
your graphics card seems to be a little on the medium-end scale. Might I suggest, the GTX 660?

HDD:
make sure your HDD has a good read speed. high storage capacities on HDD can be misleading. look into SSD's, if your budget allows. Your games will run quicker, PC will boot faster, and generally basic PC tasks will be a breeze.
edit: SSDs are usually very pricey. and don't go upto higher than 512GB (last I checked). one of my extreme gaming friends used both an SSD and a regular HDD. he put his games on the SSD and other big files (movies, music, pictures) on the HDD. something to consider

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. February 2014 @ 16:38

_
7. February 2014 @ 17:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
i got told for any pc thats for gaming or other things that use a lot of resources max the ram.put the maximum supported ram in there.
i dont think there is a game out there that will use 8gb.that i would leave alone.also games dont run quicker on an ssd they do,however load quicker.your selected video card will run most games on high settings.one thing you didnt mention is what psu do you have?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
8. February 2014 @ 07:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
i dont think there is a game out there that will use 8gb.that i would leave alone.also games dont run quicker on an ssd they do,however load quicker.your selected video card will run most games on high settings.one thing you didnt mention is what psu do you have?
some browser games running multiple accounts use high ram.The m8 that said max the ram uses her pc for graphics designs and latest design programs use more resources than most games.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > need pc upgrade suggestions

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork