User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > need specific pc case recomendations
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Need SPECIFIC PC Case Recomendations
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
13. December 2012 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need to find a PC case for a small space. The space is 15.75 inches high, 15.75 inches wide, and 20 inches deep. I need a case that will hold a 7 slot ATX board with room for two long video cards. Figuring for the cords coming out the back, I figure 18 inches is the maximum depth.

I also need one of the following combination of bay arrangements...more bays are not a problem, fewer are...and all bays must be usable with long video cards installed:
-7 5.25" bays (with at least two sets of three each vertical of eachother)
-4 5.25" bays (with at least one set of three vertical of eachother) plus 4 internal 3.5" bays with good airflow
-1 5.25" bay with at least 8 internal 3.5" bays with good airflow.

If that's not enough of a challenge, I don't want a tool-less case...it is going to be in a high vibration environment and threadlock doesn't work with tool-less cases.

I've searched Newegg and Amazon and the closest thing I could find was the HAF XB...but it sacrifices the internal 3.5" bays for a bunch of 2.5" bays...and $125 shipped for a Cooler Master case seems a bit insane.

Looks are not a huge priority here...I already know I'll have to paint it to match anyway, and I am handy with a Dremel.

Any ideas?

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. December 2012 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good place to start would be here IMO - no suggestions off the top of my head personally.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/case/#sort=d3

_
19. April 2014 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Corsair or Cooler Master mid to high end will do the job depending on your budget

i9 9900K CPU,ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO Mobo, Fractal R6 Case,
Corsair H115I ,Corsair RM Series 850W psu,
RTX 3080 Ti ,Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 1TB Intel SSD 660p Series,1TB M.2 ,36TB Seagate HD,19TB Ext, LG BH16NS40 BD-RW,Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB Sound Card, Acer Predator XB321HK 32inch 4K Monitor, 2TB PS4
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > need specific pc case recomendations

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork