User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 08:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > pc build for photo editing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PC build for photo editing
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AboHadi
_
5. March 2013 @ 07:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone
To start with, thank you for providing this resource for users like myself and thank you in advance for all the helpful members

I am trying to put together a PC that will be used mainly for photo editing (Photoshop, lightroom etc) as well as daily computing

After doing my search and reading I am thinking of the following options. Any recommendations?

Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5Ghz 8MB 77W LGA1155
ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Ivy Bridge Motherboard ( would you recommend the deluxe version instead?)
2x Mushkin BlacklineFrostByte 997055 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 Series 250GB SATA3 SSD (MZ-7TD250BW)
Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 64MB SATA3
LG BH14NS40 14X Blu-Ray Writer
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX660 Superclocked 2G ( thought about the 660Ti but perhaps won't gain much performance for my needs to justify the extra cost?)
Corsair HX650 V2 650W Modular PSU 80PLUS Gold
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64Bit OEM
Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower USB3.0 Black ( or similar)

ASUS PB278Q 27" Wide LED Monitor

Any bit of advice is hugely appreciated
Thanks
Yousif
Advertisement
_
__
_
6. March 2013 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i like it.might be a bit much for photo editing but i would go for it.
AboHadi
_
6. March 2013 @ 03:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
i like it.might be a bit much for photo editing but i would go for it.
Thank you for your reply aldan, very appreciated

I think if I will change anything it will be:
- Reduce the RAM to 16GB (32GB might be an overkill)
- Use the extra $ to upgrade the motherboard to ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

Would this be a better build ?

It took me a while to do my homework and put the pieces together but I think I ended up with good value for money, although I know it is not cheap but I hope it will last me for a few years to come :)
_
6. March 2013 @ 03:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im inclined to agree with you there.ram can be upgraded later if need be with a lot less hassle.
phonix01
_
7. March 2013 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as per your question the best configuration i known is Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5Ghz 8MB 77W LGA1155
_
7. March 2013 @ 01:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that be the one hes looking at.
AdamJack
_
7. March 2013 @ 01:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Technology is going advanced day by day and I must appreciate that technology features for great intel core processor..Good job well done and please keep sharing
_
7. March 2013 @ 01:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by AdamJack:
Technology is going advanced day by day and I must appreciate that technology features for great intel core processor..Good job well done and please keep sharing
dont take this the wrong way,but the way you are talking sounds like a spammer.my apologies if wrong.
ddp
_
7. March 2013 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
watching.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AboHadi
_
10. March 2013 @ 06:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you all for your replies

For the motherboard, I might just go with the standard - V, as it also has wifi in addition to the LK version specs
As for RAM , I might just go for the 32GB RAM since it is relatively cheap currently. This might be handy on the infrequent occasions when I do video editing... I hope I am not wasting my money by doing so!!
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > pc build for photo editing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork