User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - unlocking and hacking > copy contacts and sms data from iphone
Show topics

Forums
Forums
copy contacts and sms data from iphone
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tinyp
_
22. July 2012 @ 16:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My iphone 3GS got stuck in a loop with "activation required". iTunes can see it briefly but not long enough to get a new backup. During this brief period I am able to copy photos from it, but only a few at a time.

The Apple store techs were not able to get it through normal methods. I have a new phone, but really want the data too.

Is there any utility or "hack" I can use to copy the contact and sms data as well?

Thanks,
Tiny
Advertisement
_
__
_
22. July 2012 @ 17:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just take the sim card out and put it in the new one. your contacts should still be on the sim card, unless you stored them on the iPhone its self.

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
tinyp
_
22. July 2012 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by keebles:
just take the sim card out and put it in the new one. your contacts should still be on the sim card, unless you stored them on the iPhone its self.
The sim cards are different sizes since I went for the 4G upgrade rather than paying for a replacement 3G phone, but thanks for the suggestion.

If I put the sim card into someone elses phone is there any risk to their phone?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. July 2012 @ 19:22

hanoobal
_
23. July 2012 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Is there any utility or "hack" I can use to copy the contact and sms data as well?
Try extracting your iPhone contacts via copytrans contacts. I am not sure about sms messages though.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. July 2012 @ 12:07

Advertisement
_
__

_
supercopy
_
12. October 2012 @ 01:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tinyp:
My iphone 3GS got stuck in a loop with "activation required". iTunes can see it briefly but not long enough to get a new backup. During this brief period I am able to copy photos from it, but only a few at a time.
Did this happen because:
1) Your 3GS is running iOS 4.xx
2) It was activated with SIM card "A" (whatever it was).
3) You applied a jailbreak
4) Then you swapped SIM card "A" for another card "B"
?

If so, you need to put back SIM card A, go into Cydia (redo jailbreak if necessary), install a program called "Hacktivation", then you will be able to swap SIM cards without getting back into the "activation required" loop.

In lieu of "Hacktivation" you can also manually patch CommCenter. Search for these terms to find guides.
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - unlocking and hacking > copy contacts and sms data from iphone

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork