User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:56
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - unlocking and hacking > help with 3gs update from 5.1 to 6.1.3 & 3 g networking
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help With 3Gs Update From 5.1 to 6.1.3 & 3 G networking
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jammin81
_
26. April 2013 @ 01:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry! Where to start and any expert help is most appreciated! Thanks and advance and please do not grill me as I'm a mild technophobe.

I hacked and jail broke my iphone 3GS with simple mobile using snowbreeze and redsnow on the 5.1 firmware. It's an old boot rom and working fine on the simple mobile net work.

The only problem is the network only allows EDGE. I understand this is an inherent flaw with the unlock, but read a lot of articles on the effective T mobile upgrade to 1900 Hz and 3G cell towers through out USA.

I live in Brooklyn and was wondering if there was any reports of 3G speeds? Im based in Coney Island and was thinking is it worth the trouble of upgrading to the newer 6.1.3 firmware and joining TMOB? If so, would I need to lose all my data and basically where would I begin? Would I update through itunes and then make a new firmware or would I just use redsnow? Can I stay with the existing 5.1 firmware and get 3G speeds or is there something in the new firmare (6.1.3) that makes it compatible? Am i pissing up the wrong tree in general?

Advice is appreciated and was even thinking of turning in the phone for a newer model if need be..... how feasible is getting my existing phone a 3G upgrade?

Thanks in Advance!!!

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight....its the size of the fight in the dog"
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - unlocking and hacking > help with 3gs update from 5.1 to 6.1.3 & 3 g networking

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork