User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 00:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - unlocking and hacking > nobody can hear me during calls after sam unlock
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Nobody can hear me during calls after SAM unlock
  Jump to:

Posted Message
marko7
_
30. June 2012 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone,

I used SAM unlock to activate my iPhone 4 GSM, and everything works well except that during phone calls the other party can't hear me, but I can perfectly hear them!

It is NOT a hardware issue as some have suggested since I already had my iPhone checked at a repair shop and everything is fine with the hardware, so it must be due to the unlock not working properly.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? If not, how can I revert to Gevey, now that I've used the SAM method?

Thanks for your help.
GBX_Lee
_
4. July 2012 @ 04:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think the gevey can do the job, only iphone 4S can be unlocked with R-SIM III
supercopy
_
12. October 2012 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by marko7:

It is NOT a hardware issue as some have suggested since I already had my iPhone checked at a repair shop and everything is fine with the hardware, so it must be due to the unlock not working properly.

What kind of "checking" did that shop do? Did they actually open the phone, put it under a microscope, and follow the tiny wire going from the circuit board to the microphone? Probe the tiny wires with a high-precision meter and check for signal integrity? I say this because I am sure 99.99% of repair shops out there don't have the equipment (or the patience) to do this type of checking properly.

Things you should personally check:
0) "Settings -> general -> reset -> reset all network settings", reboot, call, and try with 1 below.
1) Does the other party hear you if you make a call while using an external headset?
2) Plug in a SIM from the original carrier the phone was locked to, and make a call.
Advertisement
_
__

_
hawgdaddy
_
12. October 2012 @ 03:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by supercopy:
Originally posted by marko7:

What kind of "checking" did that shop do? Did they actually open the phone, put it under a microscope, and follow the tiny wire going from the circuit board to the microphone? Probe the tiny wires with a high-precision meter and check for signal integrity? I say this because I am sure 99.99% of repair shops out there don't have the equipment (or the patience) to do this type of checking properly.

Things you should personally check:
0) "Settings -> general -> reset -> reset all network settings", reboot, call, and try with 1 below.
1) Does the other party hear you if you make a call while using an external headset?
2) Plug in a SIM from the original carrier the phone was locked to, and make a call.
then stop calling f00
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - unlocking and hacking > nobody can hear me during calls after sam unlock

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork