User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 11:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - general discussion > how long will the home button of iphone last?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How long will the HOME Button of iPhone last?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Janechan
_
5. March 2012 @ 02:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I bought a iPhone 4s 16g black a couple of weeks ago.
As you know,there is only one button on iPhone.
Therefore,I need to use the HOME button frequently.
I am afraid that it won't last long.
The problem consists in the applications which don't have 'exit' option.
hanoobal
_
6. June 2012 @ 07:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mine has lasted ever since 2008 when I bough my old iPhone (I have since upgraded to a 4S but use the old one on a regular basis for games).

I don't think anyone could predict, but based on the fact that it is the most important button on an iPhone, Apple must have made it quite durable and it will function long after your iPhone battery expired making your iPhone useless =)
supercopy
_
12. October 2012 @ 02:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Janechan:
I bought a iPhone 4s 16g black a couple of weeks ago.
As you know,there is only one button on iPhone.
Therefore,I need to use the HOME button frequently.
I am afraid that it won't last long.
The problem consists in the applications which don't have 'exit' option.
I didn't know there is only ONE button. The power/sleep, the volume up, and the volume down... they don't count as buttons?

Seriously though, you should not worry about wearing out the home button as much as you should worry about KEEPING IT CLEAN. In particular, do not use the phone when you have food, grease, cosmetic fluids, glue, etc. on your finger. Do not let excessive dust, mud, sand accumulate on the phone. In my experience I have plenty of cases of people letting that button get dirty, then stuck in such a way that it cannot be pressed and released reliably. (The button itself was always far from being worn out.)
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > iphone - general discussion > how long will the home button of iphone last?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork