Show topics

Forums
Forums
home made dvds
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rtrg
_
9. August 2011 @ 22:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have 3 DELL DIMENSION 8100s all running xp, ie6, wmp9, vlc, wmp 6.4, and gom. I created a DVD copy of a home made VHS. I used a GO VIDEO brand model VR3840 combo unit. After finalization the DVD ran in all 4 of my stand alones, but only one of my three towers. They are all equipped with one DVD ROM, and one CD WRITER. All are of various models. They are all set to CS. They all play commercial dvds, protected or not. The 3840 uses MINUS DVDs, both Rs and RWs. Is it possible that only ONE of the 3 ROM drives can read MINUS DVDs? While the other 2 can only read PLUS DVDs? Is it worth it to replace the drive with a MULTI READ? Which one? My combo unit can record both dvd to vhs and the reverse. My other combo can record dvd to vhs only. Both read PLUS and MINUS FINALIZED DVDs. Why the incompatibility? I want to fix the tower if I can. The rest I can live with.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. August 2011 @ 00:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Check in device manager & see if manufacturer has what type of dvd's are compatible for the model drive & check for firmware update

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd-vcr combos > home made dvds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork