Show topics

Forums
Forums
LVC-9016G issue
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jhvance
_
19. February 2014 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have one of the above units which isn't used too often, but I recently offered to transfer a VHS tape of a friend's family stuff to DVD and discovered the DVD disk tray is refusing to open. I can hear a slight noise as if something is trying to engage inside, and if I use my fingertip to open the tray door there is a green light which comes on briefly when that noise occurs, but the tray isn't moving (even with a little help via a pulling nudge with a dental pick). On the display there's an arcane message (error message, presumably) stating "d-1 IN". Powering off the unit by unplugging from the main electric socket doesn't trigger any sort of reset that resolves this particular issue, and I'm inclined to think that dried-out lubrication is the most likely cause followed by a fried internal component.

None of the LiteOn phones at numbers provided in the manual or on their website are being answered, and no one has responded as of yet to the support request I submitted through the website yesterday. In fact, there's VERY little information available on the website at all on these consumer electronics devices since they apparently exited that line of business several years ago. About all that is now available by a search query on the model # designation are PDF copies of the operating manual in the three main languages (English, French and Spanish).

So, my query to anyone who monitors this forum and might be familiar with the model line is this -- is there any other potential trick via a combination of the front-panel buttons to overcome this issue without opening the box? As the unit is presently on the bottom of a stack of other components, I'll have to tear apart (then reorganize) the AV system array to do that -- just have not yet had time since discovering the malfunction to do so.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd-vcr combos > lvc-9016g issue

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork