afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > android > android rooting - safely
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Android Rooting - Safely
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
20. May 2014 @ 09:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello Guys, basically my problem is I am using an HTC ONE M8, now this phone is really nice but it has one major problem as I am sure many others do.

This problem is I cant seem to access the memory card very well, that is that i cant copy anything to the memory card with any file manager on my phone.

Now any basic solutions would be lovely, but it seems with research rooting is the way to fix this problem. That is all well and good rooting a phone will let you have a lot of features you wouldn't normally have.

Only problem is this would void your warranty with HTC.

My question i put for discussion here is that can i back up the Rom on my phone so that if it comes down to me needing to send my phone off, i can then reflash my phone with a stock rom?

Things I would like to know

1 - How to back up the stock rom.
2 - How to reflash the stock rom.
3 - Some decent instructions on how to root an HTC ONE M8 on EE.
4 - Will it be possible to zip the backup and everything needed in a folder i will store on my phones 64gb memory card and will it take up a lot of space.

Finally i would like to be able to store all these instructions and information on the memory card too in case i need it at a later date.

Thank you for any help...

Jamie Blacklock

It took God six days to create the Heavens and the Earth...and Monty Python ninety minutes to screw it up!

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > android > android rooting - safely

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork