Show topics

Forums
Forums
offline droid apps
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bg98012
_
5. September 2010 @ 13:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm new to this whole smart phone thing. I bought a Motorola Cliq Xt. Soon I will be traveling to China. I would like to find an english to Chinese dictionary app that doesn't require web access to run. I need it to run stand alone. I can only find apps that need web access to work. I would need to use Wifi while in China and this is spotty at best. So a stand alone app would be the best. Do droid apps even run stand alone, without web access? Where would I find such apps?
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
7. September 2010 @ 05:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There is nothing forcing apps to go online except the apps themselves. Most translate apps make use of voice to text, and that does need internet access because the processing is too much for a humble smartphone.

If you just want a simple dictionary app, you could always download a PDF...but without voice to text, it won't do you much good unless you know Chinese to begin with.
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > android > offline droid apps

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork