User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 19:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > media players > asus o!play hd audio encoding
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Asus O!Play HD Audio Encoding
  Jump to:

Posted Message
hasso123
_
20. February 2010 @ 05:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys,

Was wondering does anybody know if the Asus media player (or eve the WDTV Live) does hd.cfm" class="forum_link" target="_blank">DTS-HD MA and Dolby True-HD encoding? Looking at getting a receiver that supports HD audio to run via this media box. It would be a pitty if it didn't support it.
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
20. February 2010 @ 12:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't now about the Asus player, and some forums say the WD Live passes through Dolby True HD.
If you want something that passes through for sure the HD audio, to connect to your sound system, I would try the Popcorn Hour(if in your budget)
http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/i...spec&item_id=12

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
dublinda
_
10. May 2010 @ 14:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hasso123:
Hi guys,

Was wondering does anybody know if the Asus media player (or eve the WDTV Live) does DTS-HD MA and Dolby True-HD encoding? Looking at getting a receiver that supports HD audio to run via this media box. It would be a pitty if it didn't support it.
Yes it can on both hdmi and optical outputs can be changed in the Audio Setup hope this helps
Advertisement
_
__

_
hasso123
_
11. May 2010 @ 08:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dublinda:
Originally posted by hasso123:
Hi guys,

Was wondering does anybody know if the Asus media player (or eve the WDTV Live) does DTS-HD MA and Dolby True-HD encoding? Looking at getting a receiver that supports HD audio to run via this media box. It would be a pitty if it didn't support it.
Yes it can on both hdmi and optical outputs can be changed in the Audio Setup hope this helps
Umm all I see is hdmi lcpm and raw. If I select multichannel lcpm my amp displays encoding as PCM if I select raw mode it runs it in dts or Dolby fine but it does not display encoding as dts-HD even though my amp supports it and so does the bluray movie.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > media players > asus o!play hd audio encoding

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork