Show topics

Forums
Forums
Building a Media Server
  Jump to:

Posted Message
frightking
_
13. August 2013 @ 17:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello all. First I am new here and am probably posting this in the wron place and I apologize for that. Now on to my dilemma. I want to build a dedicated digital media server to stream all my stored media (video, photo and music) over my home network to all my connected devices such as blu-ray players, other PC's, game systems and even android devices. I have read several things about it but heres the deal....there is way to much info out there and it is just confusing. LOL. That being said I am looking for a how to that tells me how to build the server (making it expandable in size to hold more as my media collection expands), best software to use and any other information that I would need. I really want to get this project started soon and am excited to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > media players > building a media server

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork