Show topics

Forums
Forums
Sony HMZ-T1
  Jump to:

Posted Message
D1rtyHarry
_
19. May 2012 @ 07:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys. I REALLY need some help and advice please.

This is the first time I have posted in the AfterDawn forums and need a little advice. I apologise in advance if this is the wrong thread to ask this in. I recently bought a Sony HMZ-T1 3D Headset and am reasonably happy with it.

The main problem I have is connecting it to my PC. If I connect it directly to my DVI output of my MSI NVIDIA 465 GTX card (tri-sli setup) it works fine (obviously without sound) and I get a good picture in various resolutions although I mainly use it in 1080p. However since my video card does not have an audio pass through option I bought a Sarowin DVI/SPDIF to HDMI converter. So basically I have an audio from my MOBO (MSI X58A-GD65) via optical cable to the HDMI converter and then an HDMI cable running to the Sony box. Also I have a DVI cable from the video card to the DVI input of the HDMI converter. So far so good.

Now for the problems.

(1) THE ONLY RESOLUTION I get a visible screen on is 1080p; the problem with this is when ever windows decides to change the screen resolution lower I get a black screen on the Sony headset. The audio comes through fine.Is there a way to FORCE the headset to a single resolution (1080p) to prevent windows from changing it to the default (as the default always results in a black screen?)

(2) The second problem is both audio and video disconnects every few seconds (evidenced by a black screen flicker every few seconds and loss of audio for the same duration). which conincide with a blue flash on the red led light on the input part of the HDMI converter. This does not happen when I connect the HMZ-T1 directly to to the DVI output of the GPU only when using the converter. But if I do not use the converter I can not get sound through the headset obviously.

I presume the HDMI converter I bought just is not up to the task. My goal is to have SPDIF sound from my MOBO and DVI output from my video card combined into a single HDMI into my Sony box. BTW this works well with my standard HD TV just not the headset.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Or at least can suggest an HDMI converter that actually works with the setup I have? I would really appreciate it as at this point I feel like I have wasted my $800.

I do realise other options are to upgrade my GPUs to those that have audio pass through built in or to use sound through a seperate headset. But what I really want is sound and video through my Sony headset via optical cable from my mobo and DVI from my GPU.

Thank you in advance.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > 3d tv > sony hmz-t1

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork