User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:06
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > .mkv 720p to .avi 720p (matroska to xvid)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
.mkv 720p to .avi 720p (matroska to XviD)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
MagicMaster
_
29. January 2012 @ 18:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi.

I need help.

I bought TV 32 inch HDReady with USB.

In this USB i can only watch XviD, even some old DivX wont work. And XviD with AC3 wont work. .MKV doesnt work at all ...

Good news is that it can see ntfs usb Flash drive, so if have 2.5 or 4.3 GB .mkv file, and i can use whole 7.5 GB on my flash if i convert.

So, question is, is there any software, that i only choose FROM and WHERE and select NO LOSS, oe KEEP QUALITY, even if it means instead 4 GB matroska and AC3 to 7 GB XviD with Mp3

Thanls all people, and sorry for my bad english.
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. January 2012 @ 15:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You should first find out what properties the TV sets for AVI file playback.
For example, most standalone DVD players that are DivX certified enforce a maximum resolution of 720x576 for video.

Your MKV files may contain XviD video, thus conversion to AVI (assuming the resolution does not have to be changed) may be simplified.

A program like MediaInfo can tell you the properties of the source file - (resolution and video/audio codec).
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > .mkv 720p to .avi 720p (matroska to xvid)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork